Rigvir® for Melanoma: Survival Rates, Virotherapy Package, And Cost for International Patients in 2017
Spending hours googling about virotherapy for melanoma without a clue as to how you will benefit from it? Wondering if you can be qualified as a candidate for virotherapy? Looking for the cost of Rigvir® treatment for melanoma, its survival rates, and availability?
If so, you are on the right page. Let’s dot your i’s and cross your t’s to help you make an informed decision about treating your melanoma with Rigvir®.
What does science say about virotherapy for melanoma?
Findings published in 2002 in Acta medica Lituanica, a peer-reviewed medical journal:
The 3-year survival rate for melanoma patients treated with surgery only was 46-58%, while patients that were also treated with Rigvir® had a 3-year survival rate of 57-84% and a 5-year survival rate of 44-66%.
Findings published in October 2015 in Melanoma Research, a peer-reviewed medical journal:
An oncolytic, nonpathogenic ECHO-7 virus adapted for melanoma that has not been genetically modified (Rigvir®) is approved and registered for virotherapy, an active and specific immunotherapy, in Latvia since 2004… These results indicate that the patients treated with Rigvir® had a 4.39–6.57-fold lower mortality than those under observation… In conclusion, Rigvir® significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect.
Findings published in July 2016 in APMIS (Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica), a peer-reviewed medical journal:
All patients started Rigvir® treatment within a few months after being diagnosed and are currently continuing Rigvir® treatment… Using current standard treatments, the survival of patients with the present diagnoses is low. In contrast, the patients described here were diagnosed 3.5… years ago, and their condition has improved and been stable for over 1.5… years…These observations suggest that virotherapy using Rigvir® can successfully be used in long-term treatment of patients with melanoma stage IV M1c...
How does virotherapy for melanoma patients look like?
Because Rigvir® has been discovered and registered in Latvia, this is what makes most melanoma patients seek treatment near the Baltic Sea. The medical team at Global Virotherapy Cancer Clinic in Jurmala, Latvia has developed a 7-day Complex Virotherapy Service Package for a number of diagnoses including melanoma.
The medical part of Complex Rigvir Virotherapy Service Package includes:
- 1-week stay at Global Virotherapy Cancer Center in Jurmala with arrivals and departures on Saturdays and Sundays for your convenience
- complete blood tests on the first and last days of your stay (tumor markers, hematology, immunology, etc.) to have a clear picture of your current health condition and track your body response to Rigvir®
- daily consultations with an oncologist and immunologist to monitor and adjust your progress
- ultrasound and skin test to ensure you are not allergic to Rigvir
- three Rigvir® shots to fight your melanoma
- medical council with multiple specialists to decide how many Rigvir® shots you might need during the next 3 months (up to 11)
- detailed 3-month virotherapy treatment plan including recommendations from your oncologist and immunologist
- consultation on Rigvir® delivery to your home country and transportation documents
- up to six physiotherapy sessions, two psychotherapy sessions, two art therapy sessions, one mind and body relaxation session, and two acupuncture sessions
- consultations with a nutritionist to prepare meals catered to your current health needs during your entire stay
The organizational part of Complex Virotherapy Service Package includes:
- rooms of a various comfort level to accommodate you and your family
- free conveniences including gym, city bicycles, and laundry
- airport transfers with an English-speaking driver
- 24/7 patient support
How much does Rigvir® cost for melanoma patients?
Talking about the financial side of virotherapy for melanoma can feel like a very personal topic. And yet, it’s one of the first questions you ask Doctor Google while searching for the Rigvir® therapy cost. So, here’s what you need to know.
Complex Virotherapy Service Package has two prices depending on the type of room you prefer.
|STANDARD ROOM||SUPERIOR ROOM|
|If you choose to stay in a standard room, the package price would be EUR 7,000 (roughly GBP 6,000, USD 7,600, CAD 10,500, or AUD 10,300).||If you choose to stay in a superior room with Jacuzzi and a porch, the package price would be EUR 10,000 (roughly GBP 8,500, USD 10,900, CAD 14,900, or AUD 14,700)|
Additional charges will be applied for:
- Rigvir® shots (up to 11) that the medical council will recommend you during the 3-month virotherapy treatment plan that is included in Complex Virotherapy Service Package.
- Your accompanying person's stay – EUR 100 per day including meals if s/he stays in your room and EUR 200 per day including meals if s/he stays in a separate room.
What else do I need to know before I fill in the form on the right?
- We work Monday through Sunday to answer your inquiry within 24 hours and make sure your case is handled in a timely manner
- We assign High Priority Status to all melanoma patients looking for Rigvir® treatment
- The cost of Complex Virotherapy Service Package is fixed regardless of your geography
- We treat your medical records strictly confidential and never disclose your personal details without your written permission to third parties