5 reasons to consider cancer treatment program at Mahkota Medical Center
So you have cancer. Now what? It’s easy to get puzzled by a sudden stream of different information after you hear your diagnosis. Once the shock wave leaves, the first thing to do is to stay your own best friend.
If your condition and plans allow, give a thought to oncology at Mahkota Hospital in Melaka (southern part of Malaysia).
Here are your 5 reasons why traveling all the way up to Malaysia and asking for help can be a good investment of your time and resources:
- Cancer care team consists of 9 specialists including radiotherapists, oncologists, pathologists, haematologists, and radiologists. They work hand-in-hand with psychologists, endocrinologists, reconstructive surgeons, and dieticians.
- Membership of the team features Royal College of Radiologists (London), European Society of Medical Oncology, Malaysia Hemophilia Association, Radiological Society of North America, and more.
- Treatment options comprise multidisciplinary surgeries (open and minimally-invasive), inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy of solid tumors and haematology, radiotherapy with IGRT and IMRT, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy, etc.
- Reasonable fees which offer mastectomy for up to $2,600 and hysterectomy for up to $3,000.
- Travel arrangements are offered by the team including housing, airport pickups, and more.
There are no two alike patients. With this in mind, cancer treatment programs at Mahkota Hospital are developed individually. After all necessary scans and tests, you will meet your physician in private to discuss potential side effects, length of treatment, clarify cost, and ask any questions you may have.
At Chemotherapy Day Care you will have access to 12 beds and 5 trained oncological nurses, should chemotherapy become the treatment of choice.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.