Medical tourism in Lithuania: 4th place in Europe and highly-educated staff
Hospitals in Lithuania attract overseas patients with the following 6 reasons
- After Lithuania entering into the European Union, it has become a popular destination for treatment and rehabilitation.
- The demand in Lithuania is explained by the lower cost of the package of health services and compliance of local health care with EU norms and standards.
- According to the Swedish Research Institute Lithuania takes the 4th place in Europe in terms of price/quality ratio.
- Private medicine is investing heavily in the training of doctors and nurses. This is clearly represented in professional staff of dental and heart clinics.
- Lithuanian rehabilitation centers converted to fit the European standards have been known for many years. It is on the basis of rehabilitation facilities, rather than at the clinic that the patients who come for high-quality medical care at affordable prices undergo rehabilitation.
- Normally, at Lithuanian medical centers, doctors speak several languages including English, Russian, German, and Scandinavian.
Patients reading about Lithuania, often inquire about Malaysia, Mexico, and Rigvir research in Latvia.