Hospital Teknon in Barcelona: over 30 medical specialties, celebrity choice, JCI accreditation, and 1,000 parking spaces
As Hospital Quiron Teknon is located 16 kilometer (or 10 miles) away from Barcelona El-Prat Airport, the trip will take you no more than 35 minutes. This beaten track has become known to patients arriving from the U.K., Scandinavia, European countries, and Asia since 1994 and here’s why:
- 400 specialists treating common and high-risk conditions in adults and children
- 20 operating rooms and over 270 emergency cases handled per day
- affordable care accredited by JCI and the EFQM European Foundation for Quality Management
- multilingual staff (English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, etc)
- travel assistance (hotel booking, invitation letter for visa, etc.)
- overnight facility for accompanying persons
- personal assistant
- free Wi-Fi
In January 2015 at Hospital Quiron Teknon Shakira gave birth to her second child
Name it, they have it. Stem cell therapy for osteoarthritis, high-precision da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, and the first non-invasive stomach reduction procedure in Spain have all been successfully performed at Hospital Quiron Teknon.
Team-based care ensures medical excellence in over 30 medical specialties offered by the hospital including:
- Cardiovascular Institute for adults and children
- Oncological Institute for adults and children (If you are googling alternative cancer treatment, learn more about virotherapy in the UK here.)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Dermatology and Allergies
- Obesity Treatment
- Health Screening
- Vascular Surgery
Before you travel to Hospital Teknon, you will be asked to provide all medical reports available for the staff to study your case and navigate you in treatment methods and costs during 3-4 days. You will then receive time for your scheduled appointment and your doctor’s name.
During your face-to-face meeting with your specialist, you may be asked to undergo additional screenings and tests if he/she decides so to develop your treatment program accurately and precisely.
After you receive care your doctor will discuss with you in detail all do’s and don’ts you will have to follow during your rehabilitation period to speed up the recovery process. You will also receive all your medical reports and images if any for further use.
Patients reading this article also read about IVF at Iscare Clinical Center and Janis Gilis Private Clinic.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.