Weight loss and bariatric surgery at ISCARE Clinic (Prague): 5 time-tested procedures from €1900 incl. medications and after-care
Struggling with a weight issue? Feeling uncomfortable in public places such as theaters, beaches, or parties? Got burning questions to ask about weight loss surgery, costs, and hospital stay? If you are looking for budget-friendly treatment outside your homeland with long-term results, this page will give you some guidance.
ISCARE Clinic offers gastric sleeve, gastric plication, gastric band, gastric balloon, and gastric Spatz balloon with 1 to 4 days of hospitalization. For alternative cancer therapy, read about virotherapy, inpatient and outpatient care, and Rigvir cost.
As any other surgery, weight loss surgery involves risks. That’s why a bariatric team will thoroughly examine you to determine what type of treatment is most suitable in your case. If your health screening and lab tests show you are qualified as a candidate for the surgery, you will be offered the following options most of which are performed with the use of minimally-invasive methods:
- Gastric sleeve is intended for those whose BMI is 35+. The procedure lasts 1.5 to 2.5 hours and is geared towards faster satiety through reduced stomach size. The surgery is conducted as laparoscopy with general anesthesia and 3-4 days of hospital stay. You may expect to lose 36 kg during the first year.
- Gastric plication is recommended for those whose BMI is 35+. The procedures lasts 1.5 hours and implies consuming smaller amount of food through making a stomach smaller by wrapping a part of it inside. It is a laparoscopic surgery with general anesthesia requiring 2-3 days of hospitalization. Typically, patients lose up to 50% of their excessive weight within the first months.
- Gastric band is a good option for those whose BMI is 35+. The procedure takes an hour and attempts to minimize food intake by banding the upper part of a stomach. Patients can leave the hospital in 2 days and expect to lose 2 kg per month during first two years after the surgery.
- Gastric balloon is suitable for those whose BMI is 30+. The procedure lasts about half an hour during which a balloon is inserted into the stomach endoscopically to ensure faster satiety. Patients can leave the hospital in a day and expect to lose 12-30 kg during the first half a year after the surgery.
- Gastric Spatz balloon can be the right choice for those whose BMI is 30+. The procedure lasts up to half an hour and is aimed at sooner feeling of fullness. Usually, patients leave the hospital in a day and can expect to lose 10-12 kg during the first year after surgery.
It is only through diet, exercise, and strict following of medical advice that the results will appear according to the schedule.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.