Treatment of gastrointestinal diseases at Mahkota Medical Centre: painless and affordable
Sudden abdominal pain, bloating, or blood in your stool during your stay in Malaysia? Never mind discomfort using restrooms and unexpected changes in your plans. If so, don’t despair.
Gastroenterologists at Mahkota Hospital located in Melaka (southern part of Malaysia) have been delivering quick and competent care since 1999
A crew ready to serve you once you schedule an appointment consists of specialists in internal medicine, gastroenterology, and general surgery. With particular interest in colorectal surgery, hernia surgery, and GI endoscopy, they are members of:
- Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Gastroenterological Society of Taiwan
- Malaysian Medical Association
With caring attitude, the team will first listen to your health story and complaints, conduct necessary scans, and explain alternatives that would work in your case. If your screenings show that you need surgery, chances are, your doctor will recommend minimally-invasive method. The technique is a worldwide choice in surgery ensuring short or no hospital stay, no scars, and much less pain after surgery.
Procedures delivered to local and overseas patients to treat gastrointestinal diseases at Mahkota Medical Centre encompass:
- Gastroscopy is a procedure which uses thin, flexible tube to investigate upper digestive tract including your stomach, esophagus, and duodenum.
- Sigmoidoscopy is used to test the lower part of the large intestine (colon) and rectum.
- Capsule endoscopy is a technology during which you swallow a tiny capsule with a wireless camera inside to record what’s going on in your small intestine, stomach, and esophagus. It leaves your body naturally and is used when other procedures fail to make an accurate diagnosis.
- ERCP is a method to examine gallbladder, the bile duct, and the pancreatic duct using delicate, bendable device.
- Colonoscopy is a non-invasive method to examine your colon. If polyps are detected during the procedure, polypectomy (minimally-invasive removal of polyps) is applied.
- Colorectal surgery implies hernia excision, liver resection, fistula repair, etc
Based on your medical indications, your gastroenterologist will decide whether you need an inpatient treatment or outpatient care with exams and minimally-invasive surgery conducted on the same day.
When it comes to costs, it all depends on the severity of your problem and the scope of medical services required. For instance, appendectomy would cost you around $1900, while the price for colonoscopy or gastroscopy would be about $200-300. Transportation and accommodation can be easily arranged upon request if your flight itinerary is provided.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.