Specialized care for gastrointestinal diseases at Medical Diagnostic and Treatment Center (Vilnius) since 1995
If while in Lithuania you happen to seek help of a good gastroenterologist, consider the Department of General Surgery at MDTC in Vilnius. The specialists here have been providing care to residents and patients coming mostly from European countries since 1995.
1-day complete physical and instrumental evaluation of your digestive system will show your gastroenterologists at MDTC (Lithuania) what needs to be done in your specific case.
Comprehensive screening of your gastrointestinal tract includes:
- physical exam
- blood and urine test
- examination of spleen, gallbladder, and pancreas
- colonoscopy and biopsy if required (For alternative cancer therapy, read about Rigvir therapy.)
While many digestive problems can be treated non-surgically, some of them still require attention of a surgeon. The results of your screening will help him/her make an informed decision about further steps and discuss with you all pros and cons of the treatment option chosen.
Surgical procedures offered by MDTC include:
- laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of gallbladder)
- laparoscopic appendectomy (removal of appendix)
- laparoscopic hernia repair
- laparoscopic removal of adhesions
- removal of non-cancerous formations
So, if the word “surgery” sounds more and more often, you may want to ask your abdominal surgeon at MDTC questions about minimally-invasive or laparoscopic surgery which is usually applied for most gastrointestinal diseases.
Even though minimally-invasive method is more expensive than traditional open surgery, you may benefit from it because of:
- shorter recovery time (you can be discharged in 1-2 days)
- better aesthetic effect (small 5 cm cuts)
- less pain (no large scars)
Friendly English-speaking staff will help you with all pre-travel arrangements including accommodation and airport transfers in Vilnius.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.