Gynecologic cancer treatment at NeoLife Medical Center (Istanbul)
If you experience cancer firsthand, you could have heard about the startling number of 250,000 new cases of ovarian cancer alone being reported annually around the globe. Other than ovary, cancer in women is also encountered in the uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva.
To help minimize unenthusiastic figures related to cancer in women, gynecologic oncologists at NeoLife Hospital apply the following treatment approaches:
- Brachytherapy (internal radiotherapy when radiation source is placed inside or just beside the affected area; mostly applied for malformations in genitals and breast)
- Radiotherapy (high-precision equipment that troubleshoots cancer cells leaving healthy tissues untouched)
- Chemotherapy (drug-based treatment to eliminate syndromes, pain, and reoccurrences)
- Targeted therapy (immunotherapy technique to fight cancerous formations)
Whether you come from near or far, you will first have to submit your medical reports to Tumor Council to decide on your gynecologic cancer treatment at NeoLife Medical Center. It is done to evaluate your specific case and inform you about possible methods of treatment, cost estimates, and length of stay.
For more information on alternative cancer treatment, please visit Virotherapy in the UK.
Whether your case is common or complex, your gynecologic oncologist at NeoLife Medical Center will first conduct health screenings and tests including:
Nuclear Medicine (non-invasive scanning to locate abnormal molecular activities of the body at any stage):
- PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography)
- Gamma Camera (Scintigraphy)
Interventional Radiology (image-guided minimally invasive diagnostic procedures to replace surgical interference):
- Tomosynthesis (3-D digital mammography)
- Bone Densitometry (non-invasive procedure to measure bone mineral density)
Remember that regular screenings and appropriate vaccination help prevent the life-threatening disease.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.