Rinecker Proton Therapy Center: Tumor Council, 0.1 mm diagnostic precision, and on-site guest house
- proton therapy can be applied after IMRT, X-ray, CyberKnife, or RapidArc
- proton therapy is reported to target all types of tumors and, unlike X-ray, distribute no radiation on healthy tissues located behind the tumor
- due to organ-preserving approach and fewer side effects, proton therapy is considered reasonable for children
- proton therapy can be applicable for conditions where vital organs are located right behind the targeted area
- proton therapy is proved to be a more high-precision method than X-ray, thus, minimizing treatment sessions for patients
For alternative cancer therapy, read Rigvir in Australia.
Rinecker Proton Therapy Center (Munich, Germany) offers half-hour initial consultation and helps with accommodating international patients at the local guesthouse
Before your doctor at Rinecker Proton Center determines a treatment option, you will undergo PET/CT or MRI screening to measure size and location of your tumor. The diagnostic equipment takes about 360 images which then help the team to detect the area of further radiation accurate to a tenth of a millimeter.
Where appropriate, Tumor Board of Rinecker Proton Therapy Center (Munich, Germany) consisting of various specialists including ophthalmologists, neurosurgeons, and other experts, discusses complicated cases to have the final word. Some conditions require a combination of proton therapy and surgery or chemotherapy.
Once your treatment plan is set, it will usually require from 4 to 35 fractions (with 1 fraction per day) depending on location and size of your tumor. When the treatment is over, your doctor will schedule a follow-up visit to track your recovery.
Customer care of the center will assist you with housing at the on-site guest house, translation, interpreting, and airport transfers if needed.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.