Cancer treatment at Rinecker Proton Therapy Center (Munich) targets tumors in 6 medical specialities
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and need or already undergone radiotherapy, this page will give you some guidance on what tumors Rinecker Proton Therapy Center has experience with.
Set in 2009, oncology at Rinecker Proton Therapy Center is facilitated by fully manageable proton scanning system being the most sophisticated type of radiotherapy known to date.
Designed to provide treatment to 4,000 patients annually, proton therapy is recommended in cases where X-rays appear to be complicated or unreasonable because of their side-effects. The center specializes in diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the following specialties:
- Neurology and head/neck: meningioma, astrocytoma, chordoma, medulloblastoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, oral cavity cancer, metastatic tumors to the brain, and more. Unlike X-rays, proton therapy helps avoid radiation of optic and cranial nerves, pituitary gland, etc.
- Pulmonology and nearby areas: mesothelioma, recurrent breast cancer, lung cancer. American experts believe, proton therapy in some cases of lung cancer can be more effective than invasive procedures.
- GI tract: stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer, colorectal tumors, etc. As opposed to X-rays, proton therapy in this area reduces radiation up to 80 per cent.
- Urology and reproductive organs: cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and more.
- Bones, muscles, and joints: sarcoma, chordoma, etc.
- Lymph system: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
By 2015, proton therapy cannot be effectively applied in patients with postoperative breast cancer.
Patients who read this article also browse Neolife Oncology Center in Turkey.
PS. If you or your family member needs help, please fill in the form on the right, and one of our managers will get back to you in 24 hours.
Neolife Oncology Center in Turkey