Benefits of childbirth abroad and questions to ask your ob/gyn overseas
If you are a mother-to-be, you can enjoy a wide choice of child delivery destinations featuring comfortable setting and caring attitude towards women in a delicate condition. Hospital wards for future mothers often resemble 5-star hotel rooms equipped with TV, WiFi, adjustable beds, rooming-in (your baby stays with you from the very moment of his/her birth), 24/7 nurses, etc.
Therefore, the following list of benefits of childbirth abroad may become handy:
- low hospital infection rate
- foreign citizenship for a newborn as an option in a number of countries
- scheduled equipment update
- standardized and must-have prenatal screenings and tests
- pain management (from traditional to acupuncture, homeopathy, etc.)
5 questions to ask your Ob/Gyn about child delivery during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What is your experience/education in childbirth?
- What type of pain management would you recommend?
- What period of time should I stay in the hospital before and after my childbirth?
- What is the cost of your services?
- How do potential complications look like?