Proctology also known as colorectal surgery is a field of medicine concerned with diagnostics and treatment of diseases of anus, rectum, and colon. In the United States alone, 2.5 million patients each year undergo colorectal treatment.
Major reasons that lead to colon surgery include:
- Crohn’s disease
- anal fissures
- rectal prolapse
- bowel incontinence
Typically, highly mentioned conditions are caused by heavy lifting, sedentary lifestyle, anal intercourse, genetic abnormalities, pregnancy, diarrhea etc. Available diagnostic procedures and treatment are colonoscopy, hemorrhoidectomy, fissure and rectal prolapse repair etc.
5 questions to ask your proctologist/colorectal surgeon during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What is your education/experience in colon surgery?
- Are there effective treatments for my condition?
- What anesthesia will you be using during the procedures: general or local?
- How long will the treatment last and how much will it cost?
- What are possible side effects of my treatment?
Overseas patients who read this article also read about cosmetology, dentistry, and Rigvir virotherapy cost.