Otolaryngology specialists abroad offer laser microsurgery and balloon sinuplasty
You probably know that ENT (ears, nose, and throat), often referred to as otolaryngology, deals with prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehab of patients with head and neck disorders. Sinusitis is the reason why 35 million Americans wear tissues in their handbags every year. According to WHO, hearing impairment affects about 250 million worldwide while up to 71 million Europeans have allergic rhinitis.
Ear, nose, and throat (ENT) conditions include:
- hearing loss
- ear infections
- facial nerve disorders
- disorders of upper aerodigestive track
- facial trauma
ENT disorders can be caused by sport injury, infection, altered genes, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, etc. To treat these conditions, otolaryngologists offer individualized medication, minimally invasive surgeries, laser microsurgery, neck dissection, thyroidectomy, reconstructive surgery, balloon sinuplasty, etc.
Health travelers searching for ENT treatment options often inquire about endocrinology, gastroenterology, and Rigvir studies.
5 questions to ask your otolaryngologist during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What type of treatment would you recommend trying first?
- What is your experience/education in treating ENT conditions?
- What are causes of my health problem?
- What medicines will you be using to treat my case?
- How will my follow-up care look like?