Gynecology at overseas clinics offer scar-free minimally invasive surgery
Gynecology is a medical science that studies female reproductive organs (vagina, uterus, and ovaries) and their disorders. According to the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, in 2012 there were approximately 70 million visits to obstetrician-gynecologists while in Spain this number made almost 6 million.
Conditions that women’s health specialists around the world deal with include:
- abortion (if not prohibited by local legislation)
- menopause and conditions linked to age
- sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Routine gynecological screenings and tests include a pelvic exam, breast exam, blood work, urine test, and more depending on a specific case.
Women’s health specialists opt for minimally invasive surgery
To cater the needs of women of all ages who care about their appearance, most women’s clinics around the world apply minimally invasive techniques. This means you will experience no pain, see almost no scars, and spend only 1-2 days at the hospital due to the use of tiny instruments and 1-2 cm cuts.
5 questions to ask your ob/gyn during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What is your education/experience in gynecology?
- What type of diagnostic method will you be using?
- How does the follow-up care look like?
- How long will the treatment last and how much will it cost?
- What are possible side effects of the treatment?