Ophthalmology is mostly based on laser surgery hi-techs
Did you know that, according to worldwide stats from Vision2020 Project, 39 million people suffer from blindness? Or that experts from American Academy of Ophthalmology say 150 million people across the nation use corrective eyewear?
Dealing with eye surgery and vision care, ophthalmology treats:
- diabetic retinopathy
Major causes of eye diseases include genetic predisposition, diabetes, nutrition deficiency, lifestyle habits (smoking, drinking alcohol etc). But knowing that 80% of all visual impairments can be prevented and cured with eye surgery and equipment patented today gives hope. Laser treatments available nowadays cover LASIK, LASEK, intraocular lenses (IOL), photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), and more.
5 questions to ask your eye specialist during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What is your education/experience in ophthalmology?
- Is my vision stable or am I going to lose more sight?
- Are there effective treatments for my condition?
- How long will the treatment last and how much will it cost?
- What are possible side effects of my treatment?