Orthopaedics at overseas clinics
Orthopedics is a branch of medicine that focuses on diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Statistics shows 3.5 million children in the United States receive traumas and sport injuries each year, some 40 million people need a joint replacement in China while UK hospitals and clinics perform 160,000 joint replacement surgeries.
Orthopedic surgery troubleshoots:
- spinal fusion
- tissue abnormalities
Common orthopedic procedures include arthroscopy (specialized procedures applying minimally invasive equipment to treat tissues and bones with tiny instruments), internal fixation (installation of metal screws or plates inside the body to stabilize the joint/bone), osteotomy (corrective bone-cutting), joint replacement etc.
5 questions to ask your orthopedic surgeon during your first appointment at an overseas clinic:
- What is your education/experience in orthopedic surgery?
- What type of anesthesia will you be using: general or local?
- How does the follow-up care look like?
- How long will the treatment last and how much will it cost?
- What are possible side effects of the procedure?
Patients who read this also read about Latvia Rigvir treatment.