Where International Patients Can Get Rigvir® Treatment And How Much It Costs
Increasingly, patients from the U.S., Canada, and the UK are emailing us with the same questions: How much does Rigvir® cancer treatment cost? What is the cost per Rigvir® vial?
In this article we explain in simple, clear terms how much you should plan to spend on Rigvir® therapy costs in Germany. We also throw light on the additional charges you should take into account while planning your trip.
In August 2016, Rigvir® received Horizon 2020 grant, the biggest EU Research and Innovation program
Rigvir® Is Registered In Latvia, Georgia And Armenia, But You Can Get Treatment In Germany
Rigvir® (Riga virus) is an oncolytic treatment developed in the 1950s, but it started gaining vast popularity among cancer patients at the beginning of XXI century. Generally, it was registered in Latvia in 2004, in Georgia and Armenia in 2015 and 2016 accordingly. Along with this, Rigvir® received a “Horizon 2020” grant to become more accessible in European Union.
Now most cancer patients rely on German clinic in Brannenburg to make sure they can 24/7 support, psychological comfort and, of course, right Rigvir® treatment.
Why The Clinic In Germany Is One Of The Best Options For Cancer Patients Wishing To Have Rigvir® Injections
The clinic in Brannenburg, Germany, has been operating for more than 15 years to treat patients with Rigvir®, as well as Buserelin therapy, acupuncture, local hyperthermia, gentle surgery, and so on. More than 3,000 patients have already been successfully treated from solid tumours:
- Skin and eye melanoma
- Kidney, liver and bladder cancer
- Prostate, breast, ovarian cancer
- Stomach and pancreatic cancer
Reason #2 lies in the concept of the clinic. It was designed to heal not only your body, but your mental health as well. The clinic is located in a small town with forest surrounding it. Moreover, the founders of the clinic are a couple of doctors, who have put a lot of effort to make the clinic look and feel like staying at a resort, not at a hospital.
Moreover, doctors in the clinic combine a range of therapies to make sure you get the most of your treatment in Germany. The last but not the least: before arrival to Germany, your case will be looked into by a team of oncologists. So that you won’t fly to Germany in vain. Another piece of good news — case evaluation takes up to 3 business days. As soon as the medical conclusion is ready, you’ll be notified.
How To Get Qualified For Rigvir® In Germany Remotely? Send Us Your Medical Records
If your type of cancer is mentioned in the list below as one that can be treated by Rigvir®, the chances virotherapy can help you increase. But to estimate it better, please collect these files in digital format (.jpg/.doc/pdf) and send us via clicking the button below:
- Cytology report
- Biopsy or pathology report
- Complete blood count and white blood cells not older than 2 weeks
- Blood biochemistry
- Radiology report
As mentioned before, the evaluation will be performed in 2–3 business days. In case you have any questions regarding the therapy and evaluation process, you can also pose them by pressing the red button.
What Is Included in your 1-week virotherapy course in Germany for 6,000 EUR (6,670 USD):
- Detailed evaluation of your case to adjust the virotherapy course to your specific health condition
- Complete blood count to see how your body responses to Rigvir® before and after the virotherapy course
- Appointments with your oncologist and immunologist to discuss your progress, test results, and recommendations
- Rigvir® injections
- Appointment with a nutritionist to define the right kinds of food to help you maintain a healthy body weight and stay strong
- Daily full board carefully prepared according to your health needs
- Physiotherapy, acupuncture etc. to ensure a holistic approach and reduce stress
- Accommodation at the clinic
- Transfers to and from the airport in Munich
- Patient service to help you feel like home away from yours
Here you can watch a brief video showing the process of Rigvir® travelling through your organism and killing malignant cells:
The cost of the course varies depending on the number of additional therapies that can be recommended to you at the clinic. Other than this, there is one more item of cost to consider. Most patients arriving from the U.S., Canada, and the UK are usually accompanied by a family member or a friend. In such cases, additional charges are applied to the companion if he/she stays with you in the same room or chooses a separate one.
As for additional therapies, they can be divided into 2 groups:
General ones to improve overall health condition
Specific to help in treating different types of cancer.
General therapies include:
- Acupuncture — an ancient method of improving your blood flow by inserting pins into your body, invented in China.
- Detox — getting rid of toxins in your body with the help of physiotherapy and organic food enriched with vitamins.
- Gentle surgery —operations with minimal invasion to make sure your body recovers quickly.
As for specific therapies, you can be offered:
- Local hyperthermia for prostate cancer — heating the body in the way your malignant cells get ruined.
- Buserelin therapy for prostate and breast cancer — a hormone-based treatment that reduces the number of reproductive hormones, so that you’re recovering.
Increased success rates for skin and ocular melanoma, stomach and rectal cancer patients when Rigvir applied:
- 46–58% is the 3-year survival rate for melanoma patients treated only with surgery, while patients that were also treated with Rigvir® had a 3-year survival rate of 57-84% and a 5-year survival rate of 44–66%
- 90% and 70% are the 3- and 5-year survival rate for ocular melanoma patients respectively
- The 5-year survival rate for stage III stomach cancer patients after surgery was 24–33%, compared to 47–60% for those who received treatment with Rigvir®
- The 5-year survival rate for stage II-IV rectal cancer patients after surgery was 41–68%, compared with 71–78% for those who received treatment with Rigvir®
This information was gathered through a range of medical research, performed from 1968 to 2004. It was also bolstered by publications in peer-reviews medical journals. For instance, Melanoma Researched, issued in October 2015, stated:
“An oncolytic, nonpathogenic ECHO-7 virus adapted for melanoma that has not been genetically modified (Rigvir®) is approved and registered for virotherapy, an active and specific immunotherapy, in Latvia since 2004… These results indicate that the patients treated with Rigvir® had a 4.39–6.57-fold lower mortality than those under observation… In conclusion, Rigvir® significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect”.
If you want to know more about Rigvir®, additional therapies or provide the documents, don’t hesitate to turn to us via the red button below. We’ll be happy to assist within 24 hours.