Rigvir© Effectiveness and Availability for Overseas Cancer Patients
Whenever new therapy emerges it is sure to stir rumors and speculations on its efficacy. The same is true for Rigvir©, a virus-based cure licensed as a treatment for melanoma back in 2004 in Riga, Latvia.
Still, it is natural to have doubts, especially when your life is at risk. You need a proven evidence to ensure that virotherapy can treat your type of cancer without doing harm to your health.
This article is to help you dispel doubts and explain how Rigvir© works, when exactly it can be applied and what side effects it may cause. Let’s get straight to the point.
ECHO-7 virus in refrigerated Rigvir® vials
Rigvir© Discovery and Licensing
The Rigvir© healing effect was found by the Latvian scientist and immunologist, Aina Muceniece, and her team in 1960–70s. It was stemmed from the virus found in the kids’ digestive system as the one having an anti-tumor effect.
The virus (ECHO-7) was tested in the virotherapy laboratory of the Institute of Microbiology along with other four viruses having cancer-killing capacity.
First Rigvir© clinical trials took place in 1968. 415 patients diagnosed with late-stage melanoma participated in the trials and virotherapy increased their survival rates. Next, patients suffering from skin melanoma underwent a series of trials and showed positive results too (Rigvir© statistics is provided further below).
So now virotherapy is also available in Brannenburg, Germany. More than 3000 cancer patients have been successfully treated since the clinic’s foundation in 2000. Click the button below if you’d like to find out the details within 24 hours.
How Rigvir© Works and What Side Effects It May Cause
Rigvir© virus for cancer treatment is a non-pathogenic naturally occurring virus that has not been modified genetically.
It is often described as the one with oncotropic and oncolytic characteristics, meaning that it recognizes tumor cells, enters them and kills them from inside by multiplying. Simply put, the medication stimulates your immune system to resist the malicious disease.
As clinical trials showed, the drug does not replicate itself with time. Neither does it affect surrounding healthy tissues. The Rigvir© side effects only cause a slightly feverish temperature (99.5 °F/37.5 °C) that lasts for three days, sleepiness and fatigue. That said, Rigvir© can be safely combined with other types of cancer treatment like chemo and radiotherapy.
But Rigvir© must only be applied to fight late-stage cancers for adults aged over 18. Furthermore, the drug cannot be used as a preventive measure. So please keep it in mind when considering virotherapy as a treatment option for you.
Rigvir© Clinical Trials Have Proved Its Efficacy and Increase in Survival Rates
As we mentioned above, the Rigvir© success rate was first discovered based on the clinical trials conducted through 1968–2004. During that time about 700 patients having late-stage melanoma, gastric and gastrointestinal cancers got treated with Rigvir©. Here are the outcomes:
- 57–84% of melanoma patients had a 3-year survival rate (compared to the patients after surgery having a 3-year survival rate only in 46–58% of cases) and a 5-year survival rate in 44–66% of cases
- 90% of patients suffering from ocular melanoma had a 3-year survival rate while 70% of patients had a 5-year survival rate
- 47–60% of the stage 3 stomach cancer patients had a 5-year survival rate (while only 24–33% of patients after surgery had the same survival rate)
- The 5-year survival rate for the stage 2–4 rectal cancer patients after surgery made 41–68%, compared to 71–78% for the patients treated with Rigvir®
Latest Rigvir© Statistics and Cancers Treated: Lowering Mortality of Melanoma Patients in 4–6 times
One of the recent reviews on melanoma treated with Rigvir© was published by the Melanoma Research medical journal in 2015. Here is what it stated:
The virotherapy proved effective not only for melanoma patients. Rigvir© prolonged lives of people diagnosed with stage 4 histiocytic sarcoma and stage 3 lung cancer. The research findings were published in 2016 by another medical journal APMIS (Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica):
The list of Rigvir©-sensitive cancers is not limited to melanomas, sarcoma, and lung cancer. The patients with late-stage bladder cancer, colon cancer, stomach cancer, kidney cancer, cancers of the anal canal, breast cancer, cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, and a few more cancer types can also qualify for virotherapy.
Rigvir© Cost Estimates
A lot of patients from New Zealand, Australia, the US and UK (more aboutRigvir in the UK), and Canada are constantly for Rigvir treatment outside their countries because clinics there do not provide this kind of treatment. Here comes Germany with its medical success.
Inpatient care at the German Clinic proves to be effective and tt guarantees you have a direct contact with a qualified medical staff in the clinic and get assisted 24/7. All the adjustments in treatment plans are done right away without any delays.
The doctors from German clinic in Brannenburg combine Rigvir® therapy with other effective and reliable methods of cancer treatment, like acupuncture, detox, surgery with minimal invasion to decrease the time needed for recovery etc. More than 3000 cancer patients have been successfully treated since the clinic’s foundation in 2000. Being a family-type clinic, the personnel there is quite compassionate and careful to make sure you’re not only undergoing treatment, but also relaxing and enjoying your time in Germany.
When choosing Germany as your virotherapy treatment destination, you’ll receive:
- Constant 24/7 support by administrative and medical personnel, who speaks English
- Meet and greet at the airport, as well as transfer back to it when your inpatient treatment comes to an end
- Rigvir® injections conducted by professionals, who’ll also check your health state via analysis and monitoring
- Healthy nutrition
- Nice accommodation
- Additional therapies — Buserelin therapy, acupuncture, thermotherapy, electrotherapy, targeted radiotherapy, detox, neural therapy, naturopathic complex program
In brief, Buserelin therapy is hormone-based therapy for prostate and breast cancer treatment, while acupuncture, an ancient Chinese treatment with putting needles in special point of your body, helps to activate the blood flow, thus to increase the intensity of the therapies.
Thermotherapy and electrotherapy are both used to boost the process of virotherapy: they are used to relax muscles and get rid of spasms, and the first one applies hot objects for it, while the second one uses electrical energy.
Targeted radiotherapy uses radioelements, that affect only malignant cells, unlike traditional radiotherapy.
If you want to get rid of toxic compounds in your body, we recommend you detox (eating healthy vitaminized food), neural therapy (injections of painkiller) and naturopathic complex program (aimed at purifying the body, stimulating immune system, improving circulation of the blood).
Find out more by clicking the button below:
We’ll be happy to answer your questions.
If you would like to know whether you qualify for virotherapy, please prepare the following medical reports in English:
- CT and MRI reports (no images required)
- Histopathological and cytological findings
- Complete blood count not older than 2 weeks + White Blood Cells
- Blood biochemistry (ALT, creatinine etc.)
The documents you submit will be reviewed by the medical team in Germany within three days. If you get qualified for the virotherapy course, the support agent will get in touch with you to explain more about the Rigvir® therapy in the German clinic. Both the medical team and scenic landscape work together to improve your mental and physical health.
Please feel free to send us your queries by clicking the red button below and we will get back to you within 24 hours or earlier.
List of References
- Brūvere, R., O., Heisele A. Ferdats, A. Rupais, and A. Muceniece, Echovirus-mediated biotherapy for malignant tumours: 40 years of investigation. Acta medica Lituanica, 2002. Suppl. 9: p. 97-100.
- “Adapted ECHO-7 Virus RigVir Immunotherapy (oncolytic Virotherapy) Prolongs Survival in Melanoma Patients after Surgical Excision of the Tumour in a Retrospective Study.” Doniņa, Simona; Strēle, Ieva; Proboka, Guna; Auziņš, Jurgis; Alberts, Pēteris; Jonsson, Björn; Venskus, Dite; Muceniece, Aina. Melanoma Research: October 2015 - Volume 25 - Issue 5 - p 421–426.
- Alberts, P., E. Olmane, L. Brokāne, Z. Krastiņa, M. Romanovska, K. Kupčs, S. Isajevs, G. Proboka, R. Erdmanis, J. Nazarovs, and D. Venskus, Long-term treatment with the oncolytic ECHO-7 virus Rigvir of a melanoma stage IV M1c patient, a small cell lung cancer stage IIIA patient, and a histiocytic sarcoma stage IV patient-three case reports. APMIS, 2016. 124(10): p. 896-904.