All You Wanted To Know About Rigvir® for Prostate Cancer: History, Working Principle, And Side Effects
The very first thing you should know about Rigvir® is the fact that it’s the first registered virotherapy medicine. Virotherapy is a cancer treatment method with a virus being the key component of the healing process. Rigvir®, deriving from Riga virus, is ECHO-7 virus, originally detected in babies’ intestines. It has cancer treatment capacity, which was discovered in the 1950–60s in Latvia.
Rigvir® was developed in the 1950s, and since then virotherapy has become more popular with cancer patients
The operating principle of Rigvir® is fully focused on the destruction of malignant cells and having no influence on healthy ones. Once you get a Rigvir® injection to cure prostate cancer, the virus roams your body in search of tumors. Cell by cell, it destroys the malignancy affecting the metastases in the same way.
Your body temperature can rise to 37.5°C/99.5°F, but it’s the only one side effect you may have. Unlike chemo, your body doesn’t suffer after virotherapy for prostate cancer. The healthy cells don’t get affected.
Rigvir® Clinical Studies Confirm It Is Fighting Melanoma And Other Cancer Types
Since Rigvir® invention a range of clinical studies was conducted. Rigvir® positive influence on survival rates is briefly summarized as follows :
- 3-year survival rate for melanoma patients who were treated with surgery is 46–58%, while Rigvir® patients with the same diagnosis had the survival rate of 57–84%
- 5-year survival rate for stage III stomach cancer patients who were treated with surgery is 24–33%, unlike Rigvi® patients who had the rate of 47–60%
- 5-year survival rate for stage II–IV rectal cancer patients who underwent surgery is 41–68%, while Rigvir® patients had the survival rate of 71–78%
- As for ocular melanoma patients, their 3-year and 5-year survival rates after taking Rigvir® injections were 90% and 70% accordingly.
What Other Types Of Cancer Does Rigvir® Treat? Solid Tumours Only
The first trials were made with melanoma patients, who claimed Rigvir® improved their health . And the most recent studies published in Melanoma Research, a specialized journal, in 2015 admit that Rigvir® boosts survival rates in 4–6 times for those who apply it . Except for skin and prostate cancer, Rigvir® can also treat:
- Kidney cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Sarcomas and other types.
Interested In Virotherapy For Prostate Cancer? Visit Clinic In Germany That Has Treated 3,000 Cancer Patients And Offers Additional Therapies For Treating Prostate Cancer
If you’re interested in matters of legislation, you should know that the drug was registered in Latvia in 2005. Since then two more countries succeeded in making it legal – Georgia (2015) and neighboring Armenia (2016). Though, Germany is a top medical destination for patients willing to get rid of prostate cancer, as you can always enhance virotherapy with Buserelin therapy and local hyperthermia, that were designed specifically to fight prostate cancer.
We’ve outlined before that virotherapy is based on using oncolytic viruses (Rigvir®) to kill malignant cells. As for Buserelin therapy, it’s a hormone-imitating drug that helps to regulate level of reproductive hormones in your body. That’s why it’s widely used to treat patients with breast and prostate cancer.
One more therapy that can help you in prostate cancer fighting is local hyperthermia. High temperatures are used under doctors’ control to make malignant cells destroy themselves.
The last but not the least among the therapies that were designed specially for prostate cancer patients is targeted radionuclide therapy. If you’ve faced radio, you know that radioactive elements come through your body to kill cancer cells. Unfortunately, they also affect healthy cells and your general health condition. Targeted radionuclide therapy has eliminated these drawbacks: the drug is somehow programmed to reach only malignancies. In addition, the procedure takes less than 1 hour to complete.
If you want to know how each of them works in detail, press the button below and pose your question. We’ll be happy to assist and we’ll do it within 1 day.
One more reason to visit the clinic in Brannenburg, Germany, is that it’s not like any other clinic. Just take a look at the location:
It reminds a resort rather than a gloomy clinic somewhere in the city.
Before Checking Whether You Can Qualify For Virotherapy For Prostate Cancer, Please Collect These Medical Files
As your case differs from others and might have certain distinguishable features, an oncologist first has to evaluate your case. The assessment is made at no charge, and all you need to send is:
- Histopathological findings
- Recent blood count, including white blood cells
- Cytological findings
How to submit? By clicking the button below or filling the form on the right. We respect your privacy, so don’t be afraid: only doctors will see the medical records. And don’t worry about submitting the documents in English — they speak it well and will be able to understand everything.
The support agent will contact you within 48–72 hours to notify about the medical conclusion and further actions to take.
In Addition To 7-Day Virotherapy For Prostate Cancer Treatment, You’ll Get Transfer, Accommodation And Care
If you’re admitted to virotherapy, start packing your suitcase as you will fly to the clinic in Germany. Be ready to complete the treatment process with 7-day treatment program. The package is aimed at strengthening both your physical and mental health, and includes:
- Meeting you at Munich International Airport and transfer to the clinic
- Day-to-day administrative and medical assistance
- Rigvir® injections (before taking them, you’ll be tested for allergy)
- Nutrition plan with regard to your needs
- Follow-up recommendations
- Ability to have Buserelin therapy, targeted radionuclide therapy, hyperthermia etc. if the doctor prescribes
- Lodging with necessary facilities, including Wi-Fi
Except for the therapies aimed at combating the prostate cancer, the clinic takes care of your general health condition. That’s why a range of therapies are at your disposal to boost immunity and make your health more robust. For instance, the main objective of detox lies in purifying your body from toxins. You’ll be offered a special healthy diet with enough minerals and vitamins to do so.
Acupuncture specialist will insert needles into special places on your body to activate the blood flow. It may sound scary, but in fact it’s painless and performed under the specialist’s control.
The package cost depends on a number of therapies you have. Generally, 7-day virotherapy course in Germany costs around 6,000 EUR (6,670 USD). We understand your desire to arrive with a close person, and they can stay with you at the clinic for an additional charge.
We’ve tried to encompass all the aspects relating to virotherapy for prostate cancer. If we’ve missed something, don't hesitate to ask — click the red button. We’ll reach you as soon as possible within 24 hours.
List of References
- Brūvere, R., O., Heisele A. Ferdats, A. Rupais, and A. Muceniece, Echovirus-mediated biotherapy for malignant tumours: 40 years of investigation. Acta medica Lituanica, 2002. Suppl. 9: p. 97-100.
- “Adapted ECHO-7 Virus RigVir Immunotherapy (oncolytic Virotherapy) Prolongs Survival in Melanoma Patients after Surgical Excision of the Tumour in a Retrospective Study.” Doniņa, Simona; Strēle, Ieva; Proboka, Guna; Auziņš, Jurgis; Alberts, Pēteris; Jonsson, Björn; Venskus, Dite; Muceniece, Aina. Melanoma Research: October 2015 - Volume 25 - Issue 5 - p 421–426.
- Alberts, P., E. Olmane, L. Brokāne, Z. Krastiņa, M. Romanovska, K. Kupčs, S. Isajevs, G. Proboka, R. Erdmanis, J. Nazarovs, and D. Venskus, Long-term treatment with the oncolytic ECHO-7 virus Rigvir of a melanoma stage IV M1c patient, a small cell lung cancer stage IIIA patient, and a histiocytic sarcoma stage IV patient-three case reports. APMIS, 2016. 124(10): p. 896-904.