What Medical Reports to Submit to Qualify for Rigvir® in the USA and How Much to Save For Treatment
“My husband has stage 2 pancreatic cancer. Have you had any success with Rigvir with this diagnosis?”
“I would very much like to avoid chemo and am interested in Rigvir effectiveness and wonder what the latest stats and recommendations are for my colorectal cancer.”
“There's no time to plan for saving for a trip to Latvia… Do you ship Rigvir to the U.S.? Can I have it administered at home and do online consultations with your cancer specialist?”
We receive countless inquiries from the American patients looking for Rigvir virus for cancer treatment. And while according to the American Cancer Society website there are no results that match Rigvir, let’s separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to where, when, and how to get virotherapy.
Answers To FAQs We Receive From The American Patients About Rigvir® Therapy In The USA
Prior to listing the medical files you need to submit to qualify for Rigvir cancer treatment, we’ve summarized the answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive from the U.S. patients on daily basis.
- What are side effects of Rigvir? Other than fatigue and sleepiness, some patients feel a little feverish (up to 99.5°F). Actually, this is a good thing because it means their immune system is up and running.
- What types of tumors does Rigvir treat? Rigvir can be used to fight solid tumors only. This means it cannot help fight such malignancies as leukemia, myeloma, and lymphomas. You will find the complete list of Rigvir sensitive tumors later in the article.
- Can Rigvir be combined with other treatments? Yes, Rigvir can be combined with chemotherapy and radiotherapy as well as be used as a monotherapy. Please note, however, that Rigvir cannot be recommended as a preventive measure or in non-cancer cases.
- Can Rigvir treat pediatric cancers? Unfortunately, no. There have been no clinical trials involving children. For now, Rigvir is only used to treat cancer in adults aged 18 and more.
- Is Rigvir approved by FDA? Not yet and here’s why. Today, Rigvir is registered in three countries - Latvia (2005), Georgia (2015), and Armenia (2016). Its manufacturer, Latima, received a grant from the European Commission funding program to widely introduce Rigvir to the European pharmaceutical market. Therefore, such healthcare agencies as FDA in the U.S.A. and CFIA in Canada may become a priority after all requirements of the European Commission grant are met.
- Can I get Rigvir in the U.S.A.? Yes. Please read the full article to get an idea of how Rigvir cancer therapy looks like.
Submit Your Biopsy And Four Other Reports To Qualify For Rigvir® Therapy In The USA Within Three Days
A careful look at the list of diagnoses on the left will clarify if Rigvir® can help treat your cancer type. Please note that the diagnoses have been selected based on the clinical experience and are placed in the descending order from the most sensitive to the least sensitive tumors. If you find your type of cancer in the left column, proceed to the list of medical documentation on the right. These are reports you will have to submit to learn if you can be a candidate for Rigvir therapy.
Chances are, you already have your pathology (or biopsy) report in your email box. This is a good thing because collecting other medical files can be time-consuming. Sometimes, you will have to schedule an appointment to collect the missing reports. Our experience shows it may take anything from a week to a month until you have all reports at hand. So, it wouldn’t hurt to start doing the paperwork as soon as you possibly can.
We are listing the medical files you need to collect here in case you’ll want to copy/paste them into your notes:
- Cytology report
- Biopsy (or pathology) report
- CBC (complete blood count) + WBC (white blood cells) not older than 2 weeks
- Blood biochemistry analysis incl. ALT (alanine aminotransferase), creatinine, etc.
- Radiology reports (actual images are not needed)
After you collect and submit all listed files, it’ll take up to three business days to assess your case and provide the answer whether you qualify for Rigvir® therapy. If the oncologists in Latvia confirm that your cancer case may be treated with Rigvir®, you’ll receive information on further steps together with your eligibility assessment.
The Chief Oncologist in Latvia is also a board member who often participates in the decision making especially to evaluate complex cases.
Rigvir-Related Statistics You Probably Didn’t Know About
One of the latest studies on Rigvir was published in October 2015 in a peer-reviewed medical journal Melanoma Research:
Other Rigvir-related numbers before we dive into describing the Rigvir cancer therapy include:
- The 3-year survival rate among patients with melanoma treated with surgery as the only method was 46-58%. Melanoma patients that were treated with both surgery and Rigvir® featured a three-year survival rate of 57-84% and a five-year survival rate of 44-66%.
- The 3-year survival rate and five-year survival rate for patients diagnosed with eye melanoma made 90% and 70%, respectively.
- The 5-year post-surgery survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer was 24-33%, compared to 47-60% for patients who received therapy with Rigvir®.
- The 5-year post-surgery survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 2-4 rectal cancer was 41-68%, compared to 71-78% for patients who received therapy with Rigvir®.
If you get approved for the Rigvir cancer treatment and your health condition allows you to survive the overseas flight to Latvia, the team of oncologists may recommend you the Rigvir therapy for €7,000 (roughly $8,240.00). Here’s what you get access to:
The flight time from New York to Riga with one stop in London, Istanbul, or Moscow (unfortunately, there are no direct flights between JFK and RIX) is roughly 13-14 hours. The price for the round trip starts from about $550.00 with taxes included. If you would like to know about how to apply from neighboring Canada, read about Rigvir in Canada.
Some patients turn out to be ineligible for Rigvir cancer therapy. If the oncologists in Latvia conclude that you cannot benefit from the treatment, you will be informed immediately.
To learn if you or someone close to you qualify for virotherapy, click the button below. We’ll get back to you in 24 hours but usually much sooner.