What Medical Reports to Submit to Qualify for Rigvir® from the USA and How Much to Save For Treatment
“My husband has stage 2 pancreatic cancer. Have you had any success with Rigvir® with this diagnosis?”
“I would very much like to avoid chemo and am interested in Rigvir® but wonder what the latest stats and recommendations are for my colorectal cancer.”
“There's no time to plan for saving for a trip to Latvia… Do you ship Rigvir® to the U.S.? Can I have it administered at home and do online consultations with your cancer specialist?”
We receive countless inquiries from the American patients looking into treating their cancer with Rigvir. And while according to the American Cancer Society website, there are no results that match Rigvir®, let’s separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to where, when, and how to get virotherapy.
Answers To FAQs We Receive From The American Patients About Rigvir® Therapy In The USA
Prior to listing the medical files you need to submit to qualify for Rigvir cancer treatment, we’ve summarized the answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive from the U.S. patients on a daily basis.
- What are the side effects of Rigvir®? Other than fatigue and sleepiness, some patients feel a little feverish (up to 99.5°F). Actually, this is a good thing because it means their immune system is up and running.
- What types of tumors does Rigvir® treat? Rigvir® can be used to fight solid tumors only. This means it cannot help fight such malignancies as leukemia, myeloma, and lymphomas. You will find the complete list of Rigvir® sensitive tumors later in the article.
- Can Rigvir® be combined with other treatments? Yes, Rigvir® can be combined with chemotherapy and radiotherapy as well as be used as a monotherapy. Please note, however, that Rigvir® cannot be recommended as a preventive measure or in non-cancer cases.
- Can Rigvir® treat pediatric cancers? Unfortunately, no. There have been no clinical trials involving children. For now Rigvir® is only used to treat cancer in adults aged 18 and more.
- Is Rigvir® approved by FDA? Not yet and here’s why. Today, Rigvir® is registered in three countries — Latvia (2005), Georgia (2015), and Armenia (2016). Its manufacturer, Latima, received a grant from the European Commission funding program to widely introduce Rigvir® to the European pharmaceutical market. Therefore, such healthcare agencies as the FDA in the U.S.A. and CFIA in Canada may become a priority after all requirements of the European Commission grant are met.
- Can I get Rigvir® in the U.S.A.? We recommend you to visit Germany for Rigvir® therapy as it has one of the most advanced clinics in the world providing virotherapy and additional services.
Submit Your Biopsy And Four Other Reports To Qualify For Rigvir® Therapy In the USA Within Three Days
A careful look at the list of diagnoses will clarify if Rigvir® can help treat your cancer type:
- lung cancer
- bladder cancer
- colon cancer
- stomach cancer
- kidney cancer
- cancers of the anal canal
- breast cancer
- cervical cancer
- endometrial cancer
- liver cancer
- lungs' cancer
- prostate cancer
- ovarian cancer
If you find your type of cancer above, proceed to the list of medical documentation. These are reports you will have to submit to learn if you can be a candidate for Rigvir® therapy:
- Cytology report
- Biopsy (or pathology) report
- CBC (complete blood count) + WBC (white blood cells) not older than 2 weeks
- Blood biochemistry analysis incl. ALT (alanine aminotransferase), creatinine, etc.
- Radiology reports (actual images are not needed)
Chances are, you already have your pathology (or biopsy) report in your email box. This is a good thing because collecting other medical files can be time-consuming. Sometimes, you will have to schedule an appointment to collect the missing reports. Our experience shows it may take anything from a week to a month until you have all reports at hand. So, it wouldn’t hurt to start doing the paperwork as soon as you possibly can.
After you collect and submit all listed files, it’ll take up to three business days to assess your case and provide the answer whether you qualify for Rigvir® therapy. If the oncologists in Germany confirm that your cancer case may be treated with Rigvir®, you’ll receive information on further steps together with your eligibility assessment.
The Chief Oncologist in Germany is also a board member who often participates in the decision making, especially to evaluate complex cases.
Rigvir®-Related Statistics You Probably Didn’t Know About
One of the latest studies on Rigvir was published in October 2015 in a peer-reviewed medical journal Melanoma Research:
“An oncolytic, nonpathogenic ECHO-7 virus adapted for melanoma that has not been genetically modified (Rigvir®) is approved and registered for virotherapy, an active and specific immunotherapy, in Latvia since 2004… These results indicate that the patients treated with Rigvir® had a 4.39–6.57-fold lower mortality than those under observation… In conclusion, Rigvir® significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect”.
Other Rigvir-related numbers before we dive into describing the Rigvir cancer therapy include:
- The three-year survival rate among patients with melanoma treated with surgery as the only method was 46–58%.
- Melanoma patients that were treated with both surgery and Rigvir® featured a three-year survival rate of 57–84% and a five-year survival rate of 44–66%.
- The three-year survival rate and five-year survival rate for patients diagnosed with eye melanoma made 90% and 70%, respectively.
- The five-year post-surgery survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer was 24–33%, compared to 47–60% for patients who received therapy with Rigvir®.
- The five-year post-surgery survival rate for patients diagnosed with stage 2–4 rectal cancer was 41–68%, compared to 71–78% for patients who received therapy with Rigvir®.
One-Week Stay In Germany PLUS Maintenance of Rigvir® Therapy In the USA For $6,700
If you get approved for the Rigvir® cancer treatment and you decide to come to Germany, the team of oncologists may recommend you 1-week stay in Brannenburg, Germany. The clinic offers holistic approach towards cancer treatment, combining traditional and naturopathic therapy to treat both body and soul. That’s why it reminds a cosy house in a countryside rather than a typical clinic.
Since 2000, the specialists there have already treated more than 3,000 cancer patients to prove that cancer is not a synonym to death sentence.
Rigvir® therapy there costs €6,000 (roughly $6,700) and consists of:
- Transfer from and to Munich International Airport
- Daily consultations with oncologists, immunologists and other doctors
- Rigvir® injections
- Cosy accommodation and nutrient meals
Rigvir® can be combined with other therapies such as:
- Buserelin therapy, based on using a drug that reminds hormones to treat prostate and breast cancer
- Hyperthermia, that exposes your body to high temperature to treat cancer and Lyme disease
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese therapy based on putting needles in special points in your body to relieve pain
- Thermotherapy, based on putting warm objects to any part of your body to get rid of pain
- Minimally-invasive surgery that, unlike traditional surgery, applies small cuts to make your wounds heal more rapidly
- Naturopathic complex program (healthy diet, taking vitamins and other useful nutrients, as well as physiotherapy to make you feel better)
- Detox and purification therapies applied to make your organism get rid of harmful toxins by eating only healthy food and having enough physical activity
All of them are available on-site in the German clinic. The doctors will evaluate the case and tell what treatment will benefit you the most.
The flight from New York to Munich with several stops starts from €1,400 ($1,265).
If you have any questions regarding the therapy or your stay in Germany, please, click the button below (or fill the form on the right if you’re reading this article from your desktop) for us to get to you within 24 hours with detailed answers.