Rigvir® For Melanoma: How It Works, What Side Effects It Causes and Where to Get it
Spending hours googling about virotherapy for melanoma without a clue as to how you or someone close to you will benefit from it? Wondering if you or someone you love can be qualified as a candidate for virotherapy? Looking for the cost of Rigvir® treatment for melanoma patients, its success rates and availability? If so, you are on the right page. Let’s dot your i’s and cross your t’s to help you make an informed decision about treating your melanoma with Rigvir®.
What does science say about virotherapy for melanoma patients?
Findings published in 2002 in Acta medica Lituanica, a peer-reviewed medical journal:
“The 3-year survival rate for melanoma patients treated with surgery only was 46–58%, while patients that were also treated with Rigvir® had a 3-year survival rate of 57–84% and a 5-year survival rate of 44–66%”
Information published in October 2015 in Melanoma Research, a peer-reviewed medical journal:
“An oncolytic, nonpathogenic ECHO-7 virus adapted for melanoma that has not been genetically modified (Rigvir®) is approved and registered for virotherapy, an active and specific immunotherapy, in Latvia since 2004… These results indicate that the patients treated with Rigvir® had a 4.39–6.57-fold lower mortality than those under observation…
In conclusion, Rigvir® significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect”.
Findings published in July 2016 in APMIS (Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica), a peer-reviewed medical journal:
“All patients started Rigvir® treatment within a few months after being diagnosed and are currently continuing Rigvir® treatment… Using current standard treatments, the survival of patients with the present diagnoses is low. In contrast, the patients described here were diagnosed 3.5… years ago, and their condition has improved and been stable for over 1.5… years… These observations suggest that virotherapy using Rigvir® can successfully be used in long-term treatment of patients with melanoma stage IV M1c…”
How virotherapy for melanoma works: intramuscular injections killing tumours without side effects
Rigvir® has been discovered in the 1950s and registered in Latvia in 2004. Afterwards it was recognized on official level by the governments of Georgia (2015) and Armenia (2016). It also won “Horizon 2020” grant to enter the European market of pharmaceuticals. But even before it happened, Germany has started gaining reputation of expert in virotherapy for melanoma and other alternative means of fighting cancer: Buserelin therapy, local thermotherapy, acupuncture, detox, naturopathic complex programme etc. We’ll explain each term in brief further in the article, and now let’s focus on Rigvir® working principle.
Rigvir® is a virus stored in a cool vial. It is applied in your body by injections into muscle. Afterwards it roams your body to scan if for malignant cells. Once found, they are attacked by Rigvir®, so that they won’t be replicated.
If it’s challenging to imagine, you can watch this video explainer:
4 more facts to know about Rigvir® for melanoma:
- The virus is harmless to the healthy tissues around the tumours.
- It doesn’t inflame any unexpected diseases. Actually, when patients hear that the treatment lies in using a virus, they worry that it will damage their health. But you don’t have to as this virus is absolutely safe.
- It is used to treat adult patients only (18+).
- The only side effect that can occur is temperature rising up to 37.5°C/99.5°F. It happens rarely and lasts up to 3 days as the organism is actively fighting against cancer.
“I Want To Qualify For Rigvir® For Melanoma Treatment, But I Don't Live In Germany. Where Should I Turn To?”
The thing is, the scope of service in clinic in Brannenburg, Germany, isn’t limited to German citizens. The medical team have successfully treated 3,000+ patients from all over the world since its foundation in 2000.
You can apply remotely. The team will analyze your medical records within 2–3 working days to give you their conclusion whether Rigvir® can help you to recover. It is free and requires only one thing: you have to collect your medical files in doc/ipg/pdf formats in English and send them to us. The list of the documents looks as follows:
- Biopsy (or pathology) report
- Cytology report CBC (complete blood count) + WBC (white blood cells) not older than 2 weeks
- Blood biochemistry incl. ALT (alanine aminotransferase), creatinine, etc.
- Radiology reports (actual images are not needed)
You can submit them by clicking the button below. By the way, if you have some questions, also press this button. We’ll reply within 24 hours.
What happens next? Invitation to Germany for 7-day Rigvir® for melanoma programme with 24/7 care and day-to-day medical consultations
If you’re eligible for virotherapy, you’ll get an invitation with all the details of your visit described. They include:
- airport transfers with an English-speaking driver
- 24/7 patient support
- 1-week stay at the clinic
- complete blood tests on the first and last days of your stay (tumor markers, hematology, immunology, etc.) to have a clear picture of your current health condition and track your body response to Rigvir®
- daily consultations with an oncologist and immunologist to monitor and adjust your progress
- ultrasound and skin test to ensure you are not allergic to Rigvir®
- Rigvir® shots to fight your melanoma
- consultations with a nutritionist to prepare meals catered to your current health needs during your entire stay
- free conveniences such as Wi-Fi
- additional therapies we’ve mentioned before.
What Therapies Supplement My Virotherapy For Melanoma?
- Gentle surgery (minimally-invasive) to get rid of a tumour, but with minimal number of cuts.
- Naturopathic complex programme is used to prepare you to the surgery, as well as activate your immune system to fight cancer. It includes detox, physiotherapeutic methods, acupuncture etc.
- Acupuncture, an immune-boosting therapy derived from China. It activates blood flow by using needles injected in special points and positions.
- Targeted radiotherapy — using particles with radiation to influence malignant cells rather than the whole body, if compared to traditional radiotherapy.
Several additional therapies can be prescribed to you only after consultations with oncologists.
How much does Rigvir® cost for melanoma patients?
Talking about the financial side of virotherapy for melanoma can feel like a very personal topic. And yet, it’s one of the first questions you ask Doctor Google while searching for the Rigvir® therapy cost. One-week virotherapy in Germany costs EUR 6,000 (roughly GBP 5,113, USD 6,670, CAD 8,743, or AUD 9,635).
What else do I need to know before I fill in the form on the right or click the button below?
- We work Monday through Sunday to answer your inquiry within 24 hours and make sure your case is handled in a timely manner.
- We assign High Priority Status to all melanoma patients looking for Rigvir® treatment.
- The cost of Complex Virotherapy Service Package isn’t dependent on your geography.
- We treat your medical records strictly confidential and never disclose your personal details without your written permission to third parties.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions or make a first step towards virotherapy treatment.