Virotherapy for Melanoma: What Medical Files to Collect For Your Case To Be Reviewed Within 3 Days
In-Clinic & Distance Treatment for Patients Outside of Latvia
If you’ve been cancer clean after chemo, radio, or surgery, but then the disease returned, most likely you are searching for an alternative treatment.
But before we go into details, there’s one thing you should know about Rigvir in Latvia. And it’s this - if you’d like to qualify for Rigvir® therapy, start collecting your medical files TODAY (or simply fill out the short form on the right or click the submit inquiry button to send your inquiry for a free case evaluation so the patient coordinator will contact you within 24 hours).
Knowing that collecting medical records can be time-consuming for you, the medical team will email you normally during the first 48-72 hours. And if you get approved for Rigvir® therapy, the team will immediately offer you the Rigvir therapy based on your health condition.
Here’s the same list of medical files in case you need to copy/paste it:
- biopsy (or pathology report)
- lab tests
- cytology report
- PET/CT/MRI scan results
What To Know Before Qualifying For Virotherapy To Treat Melanoma
- Painlessness: it is a standard intramuscular injections.
- The selectiveness of action: as already mentioned, only cancer cells are Rigvir® targets. Rigvir® cannot reproduce itself in a human body outside the cancer cell.
- The flexibility of use: even if you’ve already been treated with surgery and/or radiation, you can still try Rigvir® injections or combine the injections with other standard cancer treatment including surgery and chemotherapy.
- No side effects: radio and surgery also treat melanoma skin cancer, but a lot of patients then face hair loss and pain after radiation, while Rigvir® doesn’t cause them. Because Rigvir® leaves healthy cells untouched, it has shown little or no side effects. Specifically, the body temperature may rise up to 99.5 °F/37.5 °C and stay such for up to three days.
Rigvir can be delivered to your doorstep no matter where you live
Rigvir Virotherapy treatment affects malignant cells only
In general, Rigvir® seeks and infects malignant cells inside your body. It then quickly replicates inside the cells and stays laser-focused on their destruction. Because cancer cells usually camouflage themselves as healthy ones, Rigvir® unveils their mask and mobilizes your entire immune system to fight the disease.
Sometimes it is hard to imagine this process, you can watch this short video-explainer:
Rigvir clinical use in battling melanoma:
Late stage melanoma - 3-year survival rate of 57-84% and a 5-year survival rate of 44-66% 
Between 1968 and 2004, the year of Rigvir® national registration, over 700 patients suffering from late-stage melanoma, gastric and gastrointestinal cancer were involved in clinical studies with the medicine. The results obtained have shown the following:
- The 3-year survival rate for melanoma patients treated with surgery only was 46–58%, while patients that were also treated with Rigvir® had a 3-year survival rate of 57–84% and a 5-year survival rate of 44–66%
- The 3- and 5-year survival rate for ocular melanoma patients made 90% and 70%, respectively 
Early stage melanoma - significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect 
Malignant melanoma, one of the most aggressive skin cancers, is strongly resistant to chemotherapy and radiotherapy while demonstrating high vulnerability to Rigvir®. The clinically proven study was described in October 2015 in Melanoma Research, a peer-reviewed medical journal:
“An oncolytic, nonpathogenic ECHO-7 virus adapted for melanoma that has not been genetically modified (Rigvir®)is approved and registered for virotherapy in Latvia since 2004… These results indicate that the patients treated with Rigvir® had a 4.39–6.57-fold lower mortality than those under observation… In conclusion, Rigvir® significantly prolongs survival in early-stage melanoma patients without any side effect”. 
Stage IV melanoma with metastases - the patients described here were diagnosed 3.5, 7.0, and 6.6 years ago, and their condition has improved and been stable for over 1.5, 6.5, and 4 years, respectively 
The findings on three case studies including patients diagnosed with stage IV melanoma with metastases, stage IIIA small cell lung cancer, and stage 4 histiocytic sarcoma were published in July 2016 in APMIS (Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica), a medical journal:
“All patients started Rigvir® treatment within a few months after being diagnosed and are currently continuing Rigvir® treatment… Using current standard treatments, the survival of patients with the present diagnoses is low. In contrast, the patients described here were diagnosed 3.5, 7.0, and 6.6 years ago, and their condition has improved and been stable for over 1.5, 6.5, and 4 years, respectively. These observations suggest that virotherapy using Rigvir® can successfully be used in long-term treatment of patients with melanoma stage IV M1c, small cell lung cancer stage IIIA, and histiocytic sarcoma stage IV...” 
Stage IIIB melanoma - the patient has experienced only one more disease progression episode in May 2015 and has been stable for over 60 months 
“A female patient was diagnosed with stage IIIB melanoma in December 2012, over 9.4 years ago. After the first excision and re-excision, the patient had several recurrences and disease progressions. After the patient had received surgical treatment in 2014, Rigvir treatment started. Since then, the patient has experienced only one more disease progression episode in May 2015 and has been stable for over 60 months. The patient has not received any other treatment than surgery and Rigvir injections. No severe adverse events have been reported during Rigvir treatment.” 
Our clinic has already helped 1218 patients to win over cancer
As Rigvir is quite new means of cancer treatment (it was registered in approved in 2004), not so many clinics throughout the world offer it.
You may find ones outside Latvia (European Union). Wherever you are, time is not your friend now and it is not a good option to get treatment where doctors are just gaining experience in using Rigvir.
The best option to win over cancer is to visit the destination that is a proven world leader in Rigvir® treatment and has already helped more than 1218 patients.
In 2011 Rigvir was added to the list of state reimbursed drugs approved by the National Health Service of Latvia. This allows all Latvian patients diagnosed with malignant melanoma to use Rigvir at no cost. In 2015 and 2016 the drug was approved by the national registration authorities in Georgia and Armenia accordingly.
In 2016, Rigvir producing company received funding from the European Commission program “Horizon 2020” taking one more step forward to be registered in Europe.
To date, Latvia remains the world’s teaching hub offering in-depth Rigvir training courses, certification, and accreditation of cancer clinics in the field.
Special offer to foreign patients: treatment plan from €3900 ($4100) instead of €4500 ($4750)
Nadine (theUK) with metastasized malignant melanoma since 1999:
“...I can still play with my children”*
*Results may vary
Jane from the US with with ocular melanoma:
“...I chose not to do the conventional therapy in the United States…And the doctor that did my blood test in the United States was astounded, he couldn’t believe it, he hadn’t seen that...”*
*Results may vary
4 Things to Keep in Mind Before Qualifying for Rigvir® Therapy
- You must be 18 years old or older as there is no evidence that Rigvir® treats pediatric cancer.
- Your tumor must be solid as Rigvir® doesn't treat blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma.
- Your tumor must be malignant as Rigvir® treats cancer cases only.
- Your purpose must be treatment other than prevention as Rigvir® cannot be applied as a preventive measure.
You can apply virotherapy as a monotherapy or combine it with chemo and radio. If you still have doubts or want to learn whether you or someone can benefit from the treatment, click the button below to submit your inquiry.
List of References
- “Echovirus-mediated biotherapy for malignant tumours: 40 years of investigation” - Brūvere, R., O., Heisele A. Ferdats, A. Rupais, and A. Muceniece. Acta medica Lituanica, 2002. Suppl. 9: p. 97-100. https://www.virotherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/40-years-of-investigation.pdf
- “Adapted ECHO-7 Virus RigVir Immunotherapy (oncolytic Virotherapy) Prolongs Survival in Melanoma Patients after Surgical Excision of the Tumour in a Retrospective Study.” - Doniņa, Simona; Strēle, Ieva; Proboka, Guna; Auziņš, Jurgis; Alberts, Pēteris; Jonsson, Björn; Venskus, Dite; Muceniece, Aina. Melanoma Research: October 2015 - Volume 25 - Issue 5 - p 421–426. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4560272/
- “Long-term treatment with the oncolytic ECHO-7 virus Rigvir of a melanoma stage IV M1c patient, a small cell lung cancer stage IIIA patient, and a histiocytic sarcoma stage IV patient-three case reports” - Alberts, P., E. Olmane, L. Brokāne, Z. Krastiņa, M. Romanovska, K. Kupčs, S. Isajevs, G. Proboka, R. Erdmanis, J. Nazarovs, and D. Venskus. APMIS, 2016. 124(10): p. 896-904. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/apm.12576
- “A progressive stage IIIB melanoma treated with oncolytic ECHO-7 virus: A case report” - Vladimirs Sorokins, Andra Tilgase, Evija Olmane, Sergejs Isajevs, Tatjana Zablocka, Agnija Rasa, Pēteris Alberts published June 23, 2020. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050313X20934978